Postdoc in Microbial Ecology of Forest Soils
Laboratory of Environmental Microbiology is looking for a motivated postdoctoral fellow. The person will join the international consortium of the H2020 project “HoliSoils” (https://holisoils.eu/) that explores the effects of forest management on ecosystem processes such as greenhouse gas fluxes, C storage and biodiversity preservation. This person will be involved in the study of the structural and functional response of the soil microbiome to forest disturbances and global change across Europe and will have the opportunity to collaborate with a number of leading groups in this research field. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for coordination of experimental work with selected project partners.
We expect that the applicant has the following qualifications:
• PhD degree in the field of microbiology, mycology, ecology, botany, forestry or similar
• Experience in microbial biodiversity, microbial ecology or soil biology
• First-authored papers in leading interdisciplinary journals or high-ranking IF journals in the fields of ecology, microbiology, soil science or forest research
• Excellence in English and good communication skills
• Motivation for independent scientific work
• Previous involvement in projects focusing forests or soils represents an advantage
• Experience with advanced statistical methods, modelling approaches or large data management represents an advantage
• During the appointment, the person will be based in the Czech Republic
We offer the work in an inspiring and friendly environment of an international team of the Laboratory of Environmental Microbiology of the Institute of Microbiology in Prague, in the Czech Republic (see e.g. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Petr_Baldrian) and access to interesting experiments / datasets produced by the host institution and their collaborators. Gross salary: approximately 2300 EUR / month (in CZK), 30 days paid holiday per year.
The position is offered for an initial period of one year, but may be extended for up to three years. The position is open until filled, starting date is negotiable (expected before September 1, 2022).
Please send your Curriculum Vitae, motivation letter and contact to at least two independent professionals (such as PhD or postdoc supervisors) who can provide reference.
For more information, please contact Petr Baldrian (email@example.com).